About the Pharmacy
Martyn's Pharmacy, Kilcormac was established in 1948 by Vincent Martyn from Sligo.Vincent worked with his wife Bernie also a county Sligo native,serving the health needs of the people(and in those times the animals) of Kilcormac until his death in 1983.Yvonne worked as a teenager with her Dad and opted to follow in his footsteps and studied Pharmacy in UCD. Following her graduation she completed her MSC in Shrewsbury Rd. and then worked in hospital pharmacy in Ireland and Zambia.Yvonne returned to Kilcormac in 1983 and took over the running of the Pharmacy. In 2010 Yvonne redeveloped the shop building and now Kilcormac has a bright and modern pharmacy on the Main Street.